Sunday 5 February 2012

Peach Tart

This was one of simplest recipes I think I have ever encountered. And I still had to change it!

It boiled down to the following:

Roll out some puff pastry and place it on a greased baking tray, pinching up the edges to form a shallow base. Cover with peach halves. (Peaches are not in season, so we used apricots.) Bake for about 25mins or until the pastry starts going golden. Take out the oven and baste in melted apricot jam. Bake for another ten mins. Eat with fresh whipped cream.

Easy, and really very delicious.

OK, disclaimer: I adore apricots. I love the tart sweetness. I eat them in handfuls. So I was predisposed to enjoy this one.

However, people agreed!

I used this to experiment on guests, and they agreed it was yummy. Even the teen liked it! Success all round.

Ratings:

Me: Thumbs up!
Husband: Thumbs up!
Teen: Thumbs up! (Though I feel honour bound to reveal that he ate it with nutella.
Experimented upon guest: Thumbs up!

No comments: